background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dear Payton...

My sweet boy-
You are changing so quickly, before my eyes. You didn't surprise me a bit with your love for your new little brother. You are so tender with him, and you can't wait for him to play with you. I look forward to seeing your friendship develop. It has already begun in subtle ways. You love to help Mommy take care of you brother- changing diapers, bath time...so often you come running just to say, "Mama- you baby crying." Or lately, "Mama, MY baby crying." You care for him in small ways and are a careful, and conscious big brother. I can tell you are falling in love with him too, just like the rest of us.
My love for you has only deepened with our new addition. I find our moments together priceless- playing choo-choo trains in your room with the dog, reading books on the couch, a picnic lunch in the tent in the basement, the always requested bed time Bible story. I treasure the moments I get with you- just YOU and Me. You are priceless and irreplaceable, Unique and wonderfully individual. I love your brother in a whole other way. It's strange in my head, but it works in my heart.
More on the individual front- you have grown up a bit, in becoming the BIG brother. You still love basketball, and have taken up watching with Daddy. My favorite is the little dance you do when our team scores. Your artistic abilities have come out of NOWHERE! The other day you drew a person with a face, and arms, legs and hair. And then you wrote your name (all the letters in random places on the page, but still). I was stunned. A regular occurrence. YOu never cease to impress me. Your best friends are your dog, Wrigley, who MIGHT say the same about you, and your animals: Froggie, Blue Dog, Mickey and sometimes someone else, depending on your mood.
My heart says AWWWWWW about a thousand times a day! I love you. I love you. I really love you.
~Mommy

Big brother helping Daddy with Titus' first bottle

Brotherly LOVE!

Drawings.....
The Sunshine (insert Mommy singing: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away).

"Ben- Ben" ...Payton's friend.

Things we're into....
DUH! Basketball!

Bowling

Being cool....like Daddy

Having fun, and being silly.....like Mommy ;)

My cars, apparently

No comments: