background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Things I'd tell you...



If I could tell you the things he's learned to do, I'd tell you he drew a circle a couple months ago. He was so proud of himself he clapped his hands and yelled. He has recently started attatching legs to those circles- "People." They are mostly Mommy, but sometimes Daddy and occasionally Payton. Mommy still has to draw "Dog-Dog."


If I could tell you the things he's learned to do, I'd tell you that he counted to three just to START the race down the hill by the cellar. One, two, three, GO! Ava taught him. Today he counted to 5, then to 6 and 7 (with a little help). He did it over and over. I was so excited I clapped my hands and yelled.


If I could tell you, even more, I'd confide that I'm distracted by him when we pray. He's so cute and tries so hard to keep his eyes closed. He passionately cries out the names of people dear to his heart as if to make sure Jesus hears him. If we miss anyone and say, "In Jesus' name..." awaiting his, "amen," he loudly interjects another request. We thank God for Basketball EVERY night- sometimes twice.


If I kept going, I'd tell you that we made up actions to a song he calls, "Wonder." "I wonder how it felt, to wake up in the belly of a whale..." It melts my heart when he tries to model my finger glasses on his own face..."I just can't wait to SEE what God has for me, but I KNOW that I will trust Him and I'll wait to see what life will be for me!"


If I could I'd tell you how endearing it is to watch the excitement that surrounds him when he realizes that the kids music has started in the sanctuary. He half runs, half jumps to the front, (sometimes there's a sommersault in the middle) clapping and smiling all the way! He spins and jumps and sometimes mimics the other kids. He WANTS to worship! He's learning to sit and listen too- though he likes jumping better!


There's so much I could tell you. So much WE are learning. At the end of today I realized that I am the mother of a little boy, who intends to grow up. If I could, I would tell you how much joy that brings to my heart, and how overwhelmed with love I am, but, I think you understand-COMPLETELY.

ONE! TWO! THREE! GO!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Thank you Tiffany for bringing such glorification to our Father, who loves us with a perfect love. A Father who delights in every "little" detail and step of our lives while we are growing up in Him. :D

WEndy said...

That sound he is making in the video is him saying, "hey I'm not winning, fix it mom!" Such a great picture of your son right now, I love it when you post.

Today if I could tell her something it would be thank you for being there to help me, even over the phone, to answer math questions AND not ever making me feel dumb. I miss being able to do that today. Love you.